Description: Account Associates
Responsible for the recording of daily transactions relating to cash transactions, accounts payable transactions, payroll transactions, financial and regulatory reports, based on those records. Other responsibilities include performing account analysis, preparing account reconciliations, preparing accounting statements and reports, and coordination and management of account reporting and filings. Plans, coordinates and resolves accounting matters with other Accounting members, departments, locations and divisions. Accounting policies and procedures are established to ensure that all financial transactions are executed and documented in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Findings and recommendations are presented to senior management.
• Record entries to and perform reconciliation of various routine accounts.
• Prepare various reports for management review.
• Review financial reports for accuracy.
• Provide analysis of various routine accounts.
• Recommend methods and procedures to improve task related activities.
• Provide support for internal and external audits.
• Investigate issues and complete special projects as needed.
• Minimum one (1) year of experience performing detailed accounting functions including preparation of supporting schedules, journal entries, financial statements and balance sheets.
• Bachelor's degree in related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
• MBA recommended
• Strong spreadsheet (Excel) and word processing (Word) skills required, database (Access skills a plus.
• Good written and verbal communication and problem solving skills.
• Must be able to work in customer service environment.
Primary Location: Ogba – Ikeja, Lagos.
Scheduled Hours: 40 - 50
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri. May be needed on weekends.
Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM
Working Hours End: 5:00 PM
Job Type: Standard
Job: Accounting & Finance.
External hires must pass a background check screen. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
If you are interested in this role and you fulfill the requirements set above, do not hesitate to send us your CV and cover letter in English.