Provides administrative support in a staff capacity to a diverse functional area or business group by directing such activities as budget planning and control, personnel administration, training, communications and workflow procedures. Identifies, coordinates and implements numerous business projects/programs to improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of operations and service. Provides support and advice to the executive team. Resolves complex problems, many of which may be challenging.
- Ensures compliance with organization policies/procedures; effective utilization of personnel, materials, space and equipment; and effective customer service.
- Recommends and implements internal policies and procedures. Interprets and applies company policies/procedures.
- Manages the budget to meet the fiscal goals for capital, payroll and non-payroll expenses; performs financial and staffing analysis.
- Coordinates reconciliation of accounts and budget reporting requirements.
- Advises executive team of serious variances; recommends and implements solutions.
- May include managing complex negotiating agreements.
- Supervises multiple ancillary functions, such as processing unit of the organization, systems development, communications and training.
- In addition, provides human resources support to the entire functional area, including managing the hiring, salary determination and performance evaluation processes.
- Directs the units participation in diversity employment programs.
- May compile statistics and produce reports for human resources and executive team.
- Facilitates/administers training and educational programs, such as professional development, systems training and train-the-trainer programs.
- May conduct training sessions.
- Identifies service and operational problems and issues; provides project management support to identify, research, develop and implement solutions.
- Edits/produces any organizational unit communications, such as newsletters, advertisements and directories. Represents the organizational unit on administrative matters.
- Establishes partnerships with other functional areas of the organizational business interest.
- Provides consultation to project teams working on organizational wide business interests.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience managing a multi-disciplinary staff of professionals, technical and managers.
- Master’s degree in business administration OR any related field of study.
- May require minimum three (3) years of experience in functional area.
- Ability to adapt to constantly shifting priorities in managing a wide-range of projects
- Team player, tactful and diplomatic.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Basic user knowledge of computer systems/MS Office applications.
- Experience developing education and training programs.
- Experience with budget management/ development.
- Master's degree preferred.
Primary Location: Lagos.
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri. Will be required to travel to other states within Nigera and outside.
Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM
Working Hours End: 6:00 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job Category: Administration, Clerical and Support Services
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
De West Wind Nigeria and Teruke International Ltd are an equal opportunity employers committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.